lisamandina3

John Kerry
The Feud: The Hatfields and McCoys
Dean King

Cinder and Ella

Cinder and Ella - Melissa Lemon I got this book as an egalley from Netgalley. It was an interesting retelling of Cinderella. I wasn't so excited by it though, that I couldn't put it down easily. I enjoyed that in this book the prince is not Prince Charming. That the heroes were actually people working for the prince. The stepsisters are just sisters, annoying, but not evil. The mother is also not evil, just absentminded and stressed since their father disappeared. I liked the use of a fairy tale within the fairy tale. The tale of how each person is connected with a tree was an interesting storyline. I'd like to see that a little bit more explored. I didn't like the fact that Cinder and Ella were 2 separate people, that just didn't sit well for me for some reason. Even though it was a very creative way to tell the story, just didn't seem to be my cup of tea. But, it is definitely a retelling of a fairy tale in a new and creative way, and I will recommend it to people who enjoy that type of story.