lisamandina3

Eden at the Edge of Midnight
John Kerry
The Feud: The Hatfields and McCoys
Dean King
The Help - Kathryn Stockett I loved this book! I picked it up to read because the movie is coming out. I have to say that I normally don't jump on the bandwagon of bestselling books. Quite often they don't really stand out as something I want to read. And with this one, well I have to admit I never actually picked it up to read what it was about. But when I saw an ad for the movie, I was intrigued because the story looks really good. And once I started the book, I was hooked. I couldn't put it down. Or at least I really didn't want to even though I had to. The stories were told from 3 different views, and usually I'm not a big fan of that, but it worked for this. The 3 main personalities really helped show all sides of the story. Aibileen was the calm woman who first decided to help out Skeeter, the woman writing the book. And Minnie was kind of the emotional one who had some really extreme situations to write about. Now, I heard that there was some controversy that both sides were shown unfairly. But I disagree. I feel like this book showed all different types of people on both sides. So, in conclusion, great story, and I can't wait to see the movie!