lisamandina3

Eden at the Edge of Midnight
John Kerry
The Feud: The Hatfields and McCoys
Dean King
Eve (Eve, #1) - Anna Carey More review later. But for now I'll just say thank goodness I know there is going to be a 2nd part, I need to know what happens next!Above is what I first thought after finishing the book, and below this is my full review.So, I got this book from Netgalley. I've been looking forward to reading this ever since I first saw it on some other bloggers' sites. The story is another dystopian setting. However, I read one or two reviews, and got kind of nervous about it. Someone said it was the same thing as some other recent dystopian novels. So I was worried I might feel that way as well. However, once I got into it, I was pleasantly surprised that it was different, and it did grab me to where there were times I didn't want to put it down to do what I needed to do. Were there similarities to books like Delirium? Yes, but not enough that it wasn't its own story. The fact is that in this future time, there is a virus that has killed off many people, and girls are now put in schools to make sure they are raised properly, and can go out into the world ready to be successful. It turns out though, that this bright future Eve has worked so hard for, even coming in at the top of her class, is all a lie. So she runs away.She runs into Caleb, who at first she fears as she has been taught to do all her life in school. But soon she comes to trust him and think that life might actually be okay out here, as long as she can be with Caleb. The twists and turns in this were pretty good. There were some sad parts, and some happy parts. As I said in my original review, I'm so glad this is listed as a part 1 of a trilogy, because I need to know what happens after this book ends.